Saturday, September 19, 2015

MARCH 2015 - What I Did / From What I Can Remember





March was busier than most "winter months" for sure.

I was recommended by a friend to apply to become the Running & Fitness Blogger for the Visit Hendricks County blog and was selected! But after two Blog posts, it was clear that I wasn't going to have the time to do this while working this new full time job so far from home. And their vision, was to write about running events before they happened to draw interest from out-of-towners which meant I'd need to interview Race Directors and past participants if it wasn't something that I'd done in previous years. I certainly didn't have time for that so I had to resign. But I did get paid for my two submissions so that's kind cool.

Our next Brunch Bunch was at C. H.'s house and we all wore these fantastic Fifty And Fabulous T-shirts. At this point I think all of us but one had actually turned 50. We have so much fun at these gatherings!


Ruby was an honorary Brunch Bunch Babe.
We attended the An Evening At Ayres event at the Indianapolis Historical Society - another board that my husband is on. This exhibit has some meaning to me in that my Aunt retired from the downtown L.S. Ayres store. I know a lot people have fond memories of going to the Tea Room. The food they served was fanatic! But I will admit that I was expecting a little more from the exhibit. 


These ladies were some of the original models from back in the day.

The famous cherub which mysteriously appears for the Christmas shopping season.
On March 14th, I did my first half marathon of the year: The No Luck Run Half Marathon. It was a new event this year and took place only 10 minutes from my house. You can read more about that here:  http://skeltonadventures2.blogspot.com/2015/09/march-14-2015-no-luck-run-half-marathon.html


Then after coming home and showering from the half marathon, my husband and I drove up to Muncie, IN to attend the Little Big Town Meet & Greet and concert.  You can read more about that here: http://skeltonadventures2.blogspot.com/2015/09/03-14-2015-little-big-town-meet-greet.html






No comments:

Post a Comment