Sunday, August 5, 2012

Some good....some bad

So....2011 (for me) kind of sucked.

But we / I did still managed to do some fun stuff:

On January 22nd, I did the Bop to the Top event.  It is a 37 floor stairclimb up the One-America Building.  Basically my training consisted of doing step aerobics and random stairs when I could find them.  I had no idea what to expect but finished it in under 10 minutes (9:43) and was pleased with that.

Then in April, we went to Illinois so that I could cross that state off my list.  John did the Chicago marathon in 2007 so he only signed up to do the 5K on Friday night.  I was registered to do the 5K on Friday and then the half on Saturday.  Plus by doing BOTH races, I was able to get a third medal...because - like they say in the Hokey Pokey - THAT is what its all about.

   

In June we took a trip out west.  We flew in to San Jose, rented a convertible and over the next several days drove down the PCH to our final - Santa Monica.

We drove down 17 mile drive and stopped at Pebble Beach. 
The Lone Cyprus

19th Hole
18th hole

Looking back on the Pacific Coast Highway


Sunset at San Simeon

Day 2 and we are headed to Hearst Castle for a tour.  It was beautiful. 
(I could post a gazillion pictures but will limit it to just a few)



Day 3 are we are headed to Simi Valley and the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.



 
That was certainly an emotional day.

We get back in the car and we're on our way to Santa Monica!




Day 4 - we did a bus tour and went to: Venice Beach, saw the Hollywood Walk of Fame,  went to the viewing area for the Hollywood sign, drove past some stars homes in Beverly Hills, and then down Rodeo Drive.  Definitely worth the money.



Day 5 was much more "relaxing" and we had no real schedule other than I was going to have lunch with my friend from high school Lisa (who I haven't seen in over 20 years!) and then that night we had dinner with Mike, a high school friend of John's.  He hadn't seen him since they graduated.



Day 6 and we have to leave :(  
Goodbye California, I will miss you...although it was colder than I was anticipating it would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment