Saturday, August 25, 2012

Setting Goals


 
At the end of June, I set a goal to run 100 miles during the month of July. 
 
When I got my most recent pair of running shoes, I started tracking my miles so that I would know how long they were lasting.  Also I had been reading this amazing blog by a runner in Colorado and she was tracking her miles.  I'd never thought about doing that just to do it.
 
At the time, it didn’t seem like such a daunting task.  After all there are 31 days in July so that was only 3 ¼ miles every day. I don’t think I realized what EVERY DAY would take but maybe it was a good thing that I was a little naïve.

There were 2 days that I (legitimately) didn’t have time to run and there were 3 days where I was just lazy and did nothing. Then I had that little “hamstring thing” for almost a week that I needed to work through. But I completed this goal and I did so a day early. And I have to say that I’m sort of proud of myself for doing so. Never before have I set that type of goal for myself but I’m glad I did. It was tough but it also taught me a lot. 

SUCCESS = 104 miles

 

No comments:

Post a Comment