Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back to racing

John did two of the Sprint Triathlons at Eagle Creek and also did the Ride 2 Recovery which benefits injured veterans.



In September, I did the Inaugural Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon.  It was HOT!  The best part was that John had volunteered and was the one to give me my medal at the finish line.  YEA!


I also did the Inaugural Greater Indianapolis Half Marathon in October.  It was a very small race.  Although I felt like I was experiencing some difficulty with my Achilles around the 5 mile marker and had to walk a bit, John got to the finish line just in time to see me finish.

AND...I finished 3rd in my age group!   Who cares if there only happened to be 4 people total in that group.  That's a podium finish people.  WOOO HOOO.


On October 15th, we both participated in a Habitat for Humanity 5K where John's bank was one of the sponsors.

The last race of the season took us to St Louis which was good since we were also able to spend time with John's brother Mike and his family.

Rock 'n' Roll St Louis was on October 23rd.  John had originally signed up for the full but opted to do the half. 





No comments:

Post a Comment