Thursday, January 30, 2014

Frozen

January 30, 2014

Sadly I’m not talking about the most recent Walt Disney Pictures animated film seen here:

I’m talking about the “state” of the state I live in – INDIANA.

This was the weather a few days ago:

Polar Vortex 1Polar Vortex 2Polar Vortex 3Polar Vortex 4

We have had to leave faucets dripping overnight so that pipes won’t freeze and potentially burst.  Its been insane.  And while its been a little warmer these past few days…in the 20s, the wind gusts are crazy. 

I’ve tried to maintain a positive attitude while spending so much time on the treadmill but I’m nearing my wits end.  And they are forecasting more cold and snow this coming weekend.   That could impact two things.  There is a Groundhog 7 mile run ON Groundhog Day that I’ve been eyeballing.  I’m not signed up and I think you can sign up day of and luckily the “cost” is a canned food donation.  But my next half is on February 8th in southern Illinois.  I’ve run enough events in the cold so what’s one more, I guess.  But I don’t want the route to be treacherous. 

Stay tuned….

No comments:

Post a Comment