Friday, May 6, 2016

(03-12-2016) B1G Ten Hoops Day 5K

I was in limbo for quite awhile about whether or not I was going to do this but I like supporting my friends and since A.W. is a big wig at the B1G Ten Conference, I couldn't say no.  Plus I had fun walking/running with her last year so the plan was to do the same this year.

The weather was looking sketchy; I really was hoping that the rain would hold off.  Thankfully it did.

I parked over at the mall and then walked the two blocks east to Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Getting in and getting my packet was quick and easy. I saw several people that I knew but didn't see A.W. so I sent her a text.  She eventually texted back stating that she wasn't feeling well - and hadn't been for almost a week now - but was on her way over from her hotel.

Took these pictures while waiting on her.
Once she got there she introduced me to her friend Kevin and he said that he would start with us, probably run for a little bit but then meet back up with us somewhere on the course. Well THAT never happened. He took off and was gone. We didn't see him again until we crossed the finish line.

I tried to be "Chatty-Cathy" for A.W. to keep her motivated but also worried that I was being annoying by talking so much.  We discussed this afterward and she said she was glad that I was there and talking because she might have just cut the course and headed back to her hotel.

I couldn't resist getting my picture taken with this guy.  How often do you see someone with an accordion out on a race course.  The cheese hat didn't phase me but the accordion...now that was different!
So glad that I got to spend time with her. We don't get to see each other very often and she is one of the greatest people I know. And she is also such an accomplished woman.








No comments:

Post a Comment