Thursday, May 5, 2016

(03-07-2016) - Travel Day: headed home

I got up and showered first and while Allison was getting ready, I made a trip to get gas for the car and grabbed us some breakfast from McDonalds to eat on the way.

Both of us felt pretty good physically this morning and we didn't anticipate any problems getting home.


Allison wanted to stop at Lambert's Café for lunch. It is in Sikeston, MO and is home of the "throwed rolls" and more food than you can - or probably should - eat!

They weren't many things here for me to choose from. And I didn't find the rolls to be that fabulous but it was pretty funny to see them literally THROW them at people. 

Look at the size of these cinnamon rolls!  I did not partake. 
I must say though that the fried potatoes and onions were really good. The serving sizes were so large I brought enough food home to eat THREE MORE TIMES.

The wind driving home was brutal! Thankfully it was almost always coming from the west and we were traveling east. But we stopped once at a McDonalds so that Allison could get a sweet tea and I could barely get the car door open because the wind was so strong.

I think I got home somewhere between 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM.  It was good to finally get home with my boys.

This was a great fun race. There is a part of me that would like to come back one of these days and do the full marathon so that I can get the giant medal but I need to tackle some more of my half marathon goals first.


No comments:

Post a Comment