Friday, January 17, 2020

2019, January - REWIND

Look at me doing a second blog post!

January of 2019 - just like this year - was a slow month especially with regard to running. I didn't have a single race on my calendar.

At work, we celebrated the Indianapolis Colts being in the playoffs for the first time in a few years. So I tried to coordinate staff group photos. There are days where that is like herding cats! The team won the first game but not the second. It was fun while it lasted.
Group photo - January 4th
The Ladies of LOS
Smaller gathering on January 11th for the second playoff game photo
Maybe that's why the team didn't win?
The pylon at Indianapolis Motor Speedway

But also at work my friend Pattie retired. It sure won't be the same without her.
 
On January 26th, I joined a couple of friends for a night hike at McCloud Nature Park. It was nice but not exactly what I was expecting. At least the weather was mostly decent. 

 
 
I don't remember what kind of turtle this was but
he was snug under his heat lamp.

One of the most exciting things to happen in January was learning that I had been selected as a RUN(317) ambassador. We had our first meeting on January 30th. I remember sitting at the meeting trying to take it all in, hoping I wouldn't say anything weird, and feeling a little like a fish out of water. Since a year has past since that first meeting, I can say that I really enjoyed my first year and everyone was really nice & welcoming. I was able to fit right in! 

One of the most difficult things was finally getting my Mom to come to terms with the fact that she could no longer care for herself even at her Assisted Living Facility. It was time to move to Long Term Care. I know in my heart that this is what we had to do. If she had stayed there she would have continued to get worse and would have continued to call my brother Kevin and it probably would have killed him. A year has passed now; she has not done well in LTC but the majority of that has also been "on her" and her attitude there. I could turn this into a therapy session about my Mom but I won't. Let me wrap it up by saying that she is miserable and continues to make us miserable and I pray that soon the good Lord above allows her to pass in her sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment