Saturday, January 25, 2020

2019, April - REWIND

April was busy!

I was in Springfield, IL the first weekend for a half marathon. You can read about that here: Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon

Then the following week (Wednesday thru Friday), my husband and I went to Las Vegas for the Aerosmith concert and did some other fun adventures as well. You can read more about that here:Aerosmith and Vegas, Baby

Sunday the 14th was the Spring Brunch run. I worked the expo prior with some of the other RUN(317) ambassadors and then ran. No medal this year. That was disappointing.  
On Thursday, the 18th I participated in a Family Group Run at the RaceMaker Productions location in Plainfield. I found a hidden egg on the route and won a prize. Lee (pictured) and his wife own RMP and are great people. 
Work continues to be good. Got to be silly riding a bike out in the concourse, teamwork was required when we had to move some magnetometers in the rain and I celebrated my 3-year anniversary there.
EVERYONE was anticipating the Easter Bunny.
The NRA Convention was in Indianapolis and some Indy Honor Flight WWII Veterans were honored by Winchester so I went as a photographer to help document it for us.
These guys were ROCKSTARS at this event and I love seeing how a Veteran's eyes light up when they are talking to a child.

Speaking of Veterans...my husband and I got to have breakfast with our favorite WWII Veteran, Marvin. We like to go to Bob Evans because he likes to go there, it really is about an equal distance for each of us to drive and he is a ROCKSTAR there. Everyone knows and loves Marvin! 💗💗💗
On April 30th, we had a "work trip" to Victory Field to take in an afternoon game. You can't beat the fact that this venue is less than a 5 minute walk from the Stadium and it's nice to get out and just socialize with your coworkers. 









No comments:

Post a Comment