Sunday, January 19, 2020

2019, February - REWIND

February at least had some action in the running department and I participated in 3 runs: the Be My Valentine Cupcake 5K (awkward name), the LoveStruck 4.2 miler and the Polar Bear 5 Miler


This race took place on my birthday (and my friend E's birthday) so I tried to have fun with it and bought some birthday flair to wear.
The next day was the LoveStruck race. You could either do the 5k or the 4.2 miler (which I'm still not sure why "that" distance) so I chose the longer route. Bad weather was in the forecast on the radar so I didn't get to stay and socialize much afterward because it was my weekend to go to Terre Haute.
My final race of the month was the Polar Bear 5 miler. This race has two options; a 5K and a 5 Miler. You could do either distance or if you chose to do both, you did The BEAR. I've done "The Bear" before but this year I decided to only do one distance. I know the race director and I like him but I wish he would give participants that do both distance something "extra". But you merely get the same medal whether you do the 5K, the 5 Miler or both. 

At work - in the beginning of the month - we prepared for Monster Jam.

Then toward the end of the month, we prepared for the NFL Combine. 
I always love watching our building transition over for different events. 

My Mom made it through her first month living in a Long Term Care facility. This is not going to be easy. And since I'm recapping - and at this point it has been almost one year - this has been one of the biggest struggles for me and my brothers. #WWSD #WISSA  




No comments:

Post a Comment