Friday, November 28, 2014

The week of Ironman Arizona: Day 3 (Friday, 11-14-14)

Another early-ish start on the day. After my husband got up, he began organizing his bags for the race. He wouldn’t be able to check them in until tomorrow but it was good to lay them out, set things on top of them and see if there was anything missing or something that needed to be added.


We posted this picture on Facebook and it was there that someone there pointed out that two of the bags referenced “70.3” and jokingly asked if my husband was backing down already. We hadn't even noticed. I guess you just use what you have leftover.

Another breakfast stop at McDonalds (but a different location this time) and a stop at Circle K for coffee. Not only was the McDonalds from yesterday just “meh” but the coffee was awful! I need my fixins’ for my coffee! Circle K ended up being just the ticket.

Today my husband would take his pedals and have the folks with TriBike Transport put them on for him and then take the bike for a spin. Better to find out if a hiccup may have occurred during shipping TWO days before the race rather than on race day.

As we approached Ironman Village, we noticed they had finished painting the bike ramp like the Arizona state flag.


Getting the pedals put on the bike was as easy as 1…2…3. My husband joked that he wished they would give it just one extra crank because it was just so fast. But that’s what they do for a living; it would have taken him FOREVER to get them on by himself. He went over and aired up the tires, put the stickers on and then went out for just a quick short ride.


While he did that, I walked up on the Mill Street bridge and took some pictures of the Village.


After riding twice – about 20ish minutes both times – he gave the bike back to TriBike Transport and then we walked over to where the Athletes Meeting was to take place.

100zCamera (16)zCamera (15)105

It was all pretty standard stuff for him and no surprises. We walked around a little more since the run course seemed laid out. He was also able to walk in to the transition bags area and was able to see where those would be placed.

109111112They were also setting up the Finish Line area.113114

We decided it was then time to get some lunch. Mill Street has SO MANY options. Today we had a hankerin’ for some Mexican and went to Loco Patron. I was tempted to get a margarita but sadly…did not.


After lunch, my husband walked back up on the Mill Street bridge with me to check out the “overview” as well. Then it was time to head back to P&K’s house.

While we still had all of his stuff and it was in pristine condition, I did a photo shoot with it in P&K’s neighbor’s yard.

004Cactus needles make good race bib holders!007

It was then on to Maggiano’s for pasta and the beginning of carb loading.

Cheers to our future two-time Ironman!116 (1)

Tomorrow we would head to Base Camp 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment