Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Total

December 31, 2013

I’m still very new to all of this running stuff.  There was once a time when, if I signed up to do a half marathon I would just haphazardly “train” for it and finish it in whatever time.  Even today I don’t necessarily try to finish them within a certain time frame but I certainly have gotten better and more disciplined in my training.  Most of that – I truly believe – has come from reading running blogs, joining Half Fanatics and reading what others have posted on Facebook.  Who says Social Media can’t be used for good?!?!?!

Back in 2010, I first read a newspaper article about a guy that ran a marathon in every state and that started me thinking about doing a Half Marathon in every state.  Although I really wanted to one day accomplish that new goal I had set, I didn’t really THINK about it.  But fast forward to 2013 and I’ve crossed 16 states off the list.  2014 will probably only see me crossing off one more state, South Carolina.  My husband is also training to do another Ironman so 2014 will be his year.  But that doesn’t mean I still can’t have any goals.

In 2012, I decided that I would try and run 100 miles in a month.  That seemed crazy to me.  Of course I picked the hottest month, July but I succeeded and actually ran 104 miles.

This year I had two months at 100 miles or greater.  I finished the year at 920 miles total.

2013 miles

I also finished 2013 by completing 17 half marathons. 

So in 2014 I want to do at least 20 half marathons and 1 full marathon.  And I also want to run at least 1000 miles.  And I’m going to make it happen!

May all of you have a healthy and happy 2014!

Cheers Martini glass

No comments:

Post a Comment