Sunday, February 10, 2013

Too old?

Yesterday was my birthday.  I am now 48 years old.  I’ve never really been bothered by what the “number” is and completely think that it is merely a state of mind.  Like they say, you’re as old as you feel.  And having another birthday sure beats not having anymore birthdays.  I’ve still got a lot of life left to live…and more half marathons to run!

But I’ve got to tell you that I think 48 is too old to stay out until 2:00AM if you want to be productive the next day.  I wasn’t even drinking – aside from water of course – but I am completely lethargic today. 

I need to go get on the treadmill but all I want to do is take a nap.  Laundry is the only thing right now that is keeping me vertical.  I have no desire to go to the grocery store; luckily we have enough “supplies” to make it through Monday maybe even Tuesday.

And to top it all of, I’m completely stuffed up from breathing secondhand smoke all night.  SO GROSS!  But I got to listen to my cousin sing which I don’t get to do very often. So that was a good thing.

All in all – it was a great birthday. 

48 & feeling great (except for today) Smile

Birthday 1968     Birthday 1969

Age 3                                    Age 4

Birthday 1970       Birthday 1972 (guessing)

Age 5                                      Age 7

Birthday 1973

Age 8

No comments:

Post a Comment