Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What’s next?

So, I guess I’m caught up with my “race blogging” and I just don’t know how some of you do it all the time.  It can really be time consuming.

Sadly, I’m caught up on my race blogging because I don’t have another race until February 17th in Arizona and I’ve been a super slacker on my training.  Its just been so darn cold here and the treadmill and I, well we are at odds.  Sure, its mostly me but WHATEVER. I have a couple of new tidbits that I can post so I’ll probably do that over the next couple of day and will blog if anything exciting happens between now and then.  Maybe I should try to post something every other day to stay in the habit.  We’ll see.

But I’ll leave you with this:  My 2013 race calendar is looking pretty full.  I mentioned in another post that I now have a sub-goal under the “do a half marathon in every state” goal.  And that is to do my 50th half marathon the year I turn 50, which will be 2015.  Now that isn’t many half marathons to some of you but I need to be smart about entry fees and potential hotel costs, etc.   When I finished the Monumental Half Marathon in November it was my 21st life time half.  A friend joking stated that it matched my age and thus the wheels began turning.  Lets get to 50 when I am 50!  So I want to get as many in as possible in 2013 just in case something were to happen in 2014 or whatever.  Its better to have that cushion.  And I think I’ve decided that the One America 500 Festival Mini Marathon here in Indianapolis will be my 50th race since it was my first.

My only worry is that it doesn’t take place until May so I have to space all these other races out just right.  I don’t want to leave too much room between my 49th and my 50th but I don’t want to have to rush to get there either.

Anxious to see how it all plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment