Tuesday, February 25, 2020

2019, June - REWIND

June was a comfortably busy month.

JUNE 1st: I met a group of women downtown for a run and then brunch. I was confused about where I was supposed to park so I missed the official start of the run so I did my own thing and then caught up with them for the brunch portion of the morning.
JUNE 2nd: a friend of my husband's mentioned that they had a 6-week old barn owl that they were caring for until they could get it down to the Indiana Raptor Center where it will be part of the educational program there. We were invited to come out to see it if we wanted to.  YES, PLEASE!!! That was such a cool experience.
Working on eating a dead (previously frozen) mouse
So majestic 
JUNE 4th: I signed up for a Boot Camp class and this was our first morning. My friends Angela & Vee registered as well. And with a 5:30 AM start time its a good thing they are also attending because that will help keep me accountable. I'm not a fan of getting up that early. I did make it to the majority of the classes. It met every Tuesday & Thursday morning.
From our very first class (outside!) 
to the last June class in the gym.
JUNE 5th: was Global/National Running Day and since this "holiday" always takes place on the first Wednesday in June it was also a Speedway Running Club night. I made personalized running bibs for the girls that I went to NOLA with and then some generic bibs for the rest of the club to have. The club was offering a discount on their membership so I finally became an official member.
JUNE 9th: was the SHE Power Half Marathon. You can read more about that here - SHE POWER Half Marathon

JUNE 13th: was the RUN(317) Broad Ripple race. While I'm not really a fan of the Broad Ripple area - streets are narrow, parking sucks - I did have fun on this course.
JUNE 17th: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPEEDWAY RUNNING CLUB! 
SRC celebrated it's 4th birthday and we had a big pitch-in. Lots of people attended and it was so much fun.
The 3 of us each won a prize! 
It was a NOLA reunion minus Esther. 

JUNE 29th: This was the date of the 4th Indy Ultimate race. 
I've participated all 4 years and you can read more about this year's experience here: Indy Ultimate




No comments:

Post a Comment