Thursday, March 19, 2020

2019, July - REWIND

Looking back at July, it was a month of hodgepodge things! 

July 4th - For the past several years I've done a 4 mile race that is near my house. It is so much more convenient than driving downtown AND this race gives out finishers medals. The downtown race does not. So I get dressed in my festive 4th of July outfit, drive over and walk up to the registration table to get my bib. My name is nowhere to be found within the participant list and I couldn't find my confirmation email either. I guess I had planned on registering but never got around to it. I could have done "day of" registration but opted to just go home and run on my own later. I guess it's better to show up for a race that I wasn't actually registered for instead of forgetting that I was registered and NOT showing up!
July 11th - I went to a course preview run down in Mooresville, IN. The race will take place in the Fall and runs through an apple orchard. I'll be honest, I did not enjoy this course. Similar to a trail run, the surface is uneven, part of it was gravel rock and you also had to watch out for apples on the ground as well! But it was fun to visit this apple orchard which has been in business for 50 years. And the best thing of all, we each got an apple cider slushy which was AMAZING.
July 13th - I completed the Christmas in July half marathon. You can read about that here: Christmas In July Half Marathon

July 14th - five of us from Speedway Running Club drove to Shelbyville, IN to participate in an event called The Melt Down. This race consisted of three 5Ks in a row. You could do all 3 or just 1 or 2 of them. And yes, as the day progressed it got hotter and it felt like we were melting. It was fun to do this with my friends but I doubt that I'll ever do it again. Shelbyville is about 45 minutes east from where I live, they changed the age group categories for each race and we got a sticker medal. 😞
 
The most fun was having brunch afterward at the Cow Palace!
July 16th - MAKE IT TO BREAK IT: GetGo was in the Stadium in an attempt to break a "Most People Making Sandwiches Simultaneously" world record. Although we did not break the record, this was pretty cool to participate in. And who doesn't want to rock a hairnet! The sandwiches were distributed into the community by Gleaners Food Bank.  Man vs. Food host, but Adam Richman was the MC of this event and was very kind and generous with his time afterward. He talked to everyone and took pictures and signed autographs.
Doesn't everyone look stunning in a hairnet?
Sandwich assembly items and the wrapped-up finished product
July 18th -  RUN(317) event on Mass Ave. Once again it was really hot 🔥 and so the race was not officially timed. We always try to make the best of every situation so we walked and talked and stopped for Jello shots! 
 
JULY 19th - I became a last minute volunteer at the OBERUN which was taking place downtown Friday after work in Military Park. I didn't have any desire to run this since it was a beer run. Getting a free beer at the end as one of your perks for participating will never be a draw for me. But I had friends that were running it and they were in desperate need of more volunteers.
July 27th and 28th - IRONMAN 70.3 Ohio
You can read more about my husband participating in this event here: IRONMAN 70.3









No comments:

Post a Comment