"Joy" is my word for 2016.
I feel like I lost (most) of the joy in my life in 2015 and I need to get it back.
I don't necessarily make New Year's Resolutions but I like to set goals. And I'm a firm believer that you can set a goal at any time in your like. You don't have to wait until January 1st or the beginning of the week, just set a goal when it feels right or speaks to you to do so. But to me there is something refreshing about the beginning of a New Year or a New Month or a New Week.
So with that said, here are my goals for 2016 (in no particular order):
- Reach Half Marathon #100
- - this is scheduled to take place on September 17th and I'm already registered so is this really a "goal" that I should be listing? Perhaps the "goal should be stated as - to complete 12 half marathons before September 16th so that September 17th is #100.
- Track my running, weight and Blood Pressure/Pulse readings.
- I purchased a BP cuff that also displays pulse so I'm headed in the correct direction. I just need to do it and track it on my Walgreen's App so that I can accumulate points and get a substantial gift card reward.
- Run 1000 miles in 2016
- I think this is doable. It should be slightly less that 2.75 miles a day. 1000 divided by 366. That sounds reasonable. Even if I have travel days (or "just don't feel like it I need to rest" days), I would have my half marathons that would be added mileage days.
- Don't get behind on my blogging
- But first of all...I need to get caught up on my blogging. UGH! Why does this happen? Why do I get behind? Those are rhetorical questions of course.
- Begin and complete my "Operation: Christmas in July" philanthropic project.
- Find my JOY!
- I think some of that is going to require me to find a new job. I'm working on that.
So here we go...I did my 2015 year-end recap and now this.
I have 4 races from 2015 I still need to do; 1) Indianapolis Half Marathon, 2) Monumental Half Marathon, 3) Space Coast Half Marathon and 4) Santa Hustle.
I also want to blog about my trip to Paris. I still can't believe I went there.
And I want to blog about my experience being a guardian on the Indy Honor Flight.
I hope you'll stop by from time to time.