Saturday, January 9, 2016

2015 - Year End Review


I was SO ready to bid farewell to 2015.

I can't say that it was a complete bust. There were some great things that happened:
  • I turned 50. Nope, I'm not bothered by that number; it is just a number and hey, let's celebrate all things that are Fifty and Fabulous!
  • My husband surprised me with a 20th wedding anniversary trip to Paris. All along I thought we were going to San Diego. Paris was AMAZING!!
  • I was selected to be a Guardian for one of the cutest WWII Veterans on the Indy Honor Flight on September 5th. It was an incredible experience and I feel like one of the most important and fulfilling things I've done in my life. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if my Dad was still alive and I would have been able to take him. But now I have some new life long friends and that's pretty cool.
  • I completed 17 half marathons and made it to 3 new states. My state total is now 20.

But...
  • Our oldest dog passed away at the end of January and that was really tough.
  • I started a new job in February.  During any other time in my life I never even would have interviewed for it but I'd been out of work for six months (downsized out of my previous job) and with everything that we went through with our dog...I accepted it.
    • It has been one of the biggest life-sucks ever!  The drive is one hour each way and the work is meaningless.
    • The only positive is that I've met some great people that I hope are now life-long friends.
My hope is that 2016 will be better.

Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment