Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Running Recap

December 31, 2014

I set a three running goals in 2014. I ended the year 2 for 3.

The first goal was to complete my 50th half marathon before I turned 50. I checked this off this list on May 17th at the Geist Half Marathon. I won’t turn 50 until February 2015 so NINE MONTHS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. #GoalCrushed

4924272850

The second goal was to complete 31 half marathons so that I could level up within Half Fanatics and “land” on Earth. I#GoalComplete

THIS FIRST COLLAGE REPRESENTS:

Polar Dash Half / Fly With The Eagles Half / GHS Half Marathon

Get Lucky Half / (Half Fanatics) / Southern IL Spring Classic

Hoosier Half / ORRRC Half / Carmel Half

z1

THIS SECOND COLLAGE REPRESENTS:

Illinois Half / Seymour Half / Geist Half

Noblesville Half / (31 Half Marathons) / Sunburst Half

Indy Women’s Half / Biggest Loser-Rockford / Cincinnati Half

z2

THIS THIRD COLLAGE REPRESENTS:

Rock’n’Roll-Chicago / Biggest Loser-Chicago / Mahomet Half

Boom Shakalaka Half / (13.1 Miles) / Blues at the Crossroads Half

Hodson Half / Women Rock Half / Dayton River Corridor Classic Half

z3

THIS FOURTH COLLAGE REPRESENTS:

Boilermaker Half / Springfield Half / Chicago Monster Half

Monumental Half / (EARTH) / Veterans Half

Space Coast Half / Santa Hustle / Believe You Can

z4 

At the beginning of the year, I bought this wall calendar to help me track – at a glance – all of these races as well as all the triathlons that my husband would be doing.

Brand new – waiting to be filled in (crappy photo)2013, 11-07 Half Marathon Calendar for 2014 (1)

2014 completed – yellow boxes are half marathons, pink/orange boxes are 5Ks, 10Ks or miscellaneous distances and the green boxes are my husband’s triathlons.010

RANDOM STATS:

  • Longest streak was half marathons 5 Saturday’s in a row.
  • I did back to back (Saturday then Sunday) half marathons twice.
  • Twice I did a half marathon on a Saturday morning (in one state) and then did a 5K later that same day (in another state)

THE MEDAL WALL:

My side of our medal “display” in the basement:2014 Total(2)

Medal Wall 2014, 12-31

The third goal was to run 1,000 miles in 2014. That total was to include running miles only: training miles and competitive miles but no “walking” miles. I don’t track walking miles although I did not “discriminate” against the times I took walking breaks during competitive events.

I did not hit this goal. I only logged 904 miles. I was experiencing some major hip pain in August and only completed 43 miles that month and then only 38 miles in December. I think I was a little burned out in December. Interestingly, I logged 109 miles in January and almost all of those were on the treadmill since we were in the grips of the Polar Vortex.

I haven’t officially set my next set of running goals. I’d like to tackle crossing off more states from my 50 State Challenge and the states I need are further away so travel costs will increase. That probably means less half marathons. But I’d still like to complete at least 12 (and hopefully 15) half marathons in 2015.

As always…stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment