Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Puppy Love Run – Virtual 5K

March 24, 2014

I found out about this race from a Facebook group that I belong to.  Now I don't want to get caught up in doing a bunch of virtual runs just for the BLING but….this medal was super adorable and the money (only $20) would benefit the Humane Society of the United States.  Okay, where do I sign up?

It was also supposed to be in conjunction with Valentine’s Day but unlike the other virtual run that I did – iRun Against Diabetes (which I guess I didn't blog about) – this race sends you the medal after the fact.  I wanted to wait until I had all the pieces (bib and medal) before doing it.  Well I guess they had some issues with the place that made the medals or was shipping the medals and we didn’t end up getting them until this past weekend.

I didn’t initially notice that my bib said “half marathon” and either that was an error on my part because maybe I thought I would do this while completing an “real” half marathon or an error on their part but typically I always just have these be a 5K for me.  It didn’t matter obviously and they said they'd email me a new bib but I have received it yet.

Anywhoooo….although I had taken a late lunch on Monday and ran 5 miles, I wanted to bang this out.  So once I got home, I changed my clothes and did a 5K around various neighborhoods in my area.  I could tell that I was tired from the previous miles but got them done.

021023028

This is General.  He is the very first dog my husband I ever adopted and we got him from our local humane society.  I ran this in his honor.

2009 Us1996, 08-252008, 08-15

Sadly we had to say goodbye to him in 2010.  He lived to be almost 15 years old.  He was such an awesome dog and definitely started our love of Labs and Rescue Dogs.

034Instagram Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment