Wednesday, January 10, 2018

2017 Year End Count (Medals and Miles)

This should have been my very first - or at least second - blog post of 2018 but alas here we are on January 10th.


At the end of every year, I take a picture of my medal wall and then update the totals of my "race mileage" from that year. There are no training miles included in the numbers below only RACE miles.


Here is that recap:


Obviously my medal wall is not fancy. It is merely an unfinished wall down in the basement. My husband secured chain from the cross beams and then I'm using dowel rods to hang the medals on. This display has gone through a couple of different iterations but this one is great especially if I need to remove a medal for some reason. And think of the added expense if I bought a fancy medal hanger each time?!?!  Yes I know that I could just get those "extender" bars but I think that makes them scrunched up.

However upon completion of the most recent Space Coast series, I did splurge on the medal hanger. These are now hanging in our office/library at home.
So here's to more miles - and medal collecting - in 2018.
Cause it "don't mean a thing if it ain't got that BLING!"







No comments:

Post a Comment