Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Doing more!

So back on December 9th I posted about my “I Can Do More Challenge”  - you can read about it here: I Can Do More Challenge.  I get so inspired reading other running blogs.  Most of those blogs are by ladies who are younger and faster than me.  I can’t do anything about the younger part and most of the time I’m not motivated enough to do anything about the faster part.  But that’s okay, they still provided me with ideas on other races to do and new challenges that I may never have thought of before. 

Another great motivator is the Half Fanatics Club.  I’m amazed how some people can get to the different levels.  When I first became eligible, it was at the vey beginning moon level: Neptune.  Then in December after my challenge, I was able to move up to the Uranus level.  Not sure how far up I’ll be able to go but on May 4th after completing 4 half marathons in 27 days, I was able to scoot up once again to the Saturn Level.

4 half marathons in 27 days

  • April 6th – Henry County Mini Marathon in Indiana
  • April 20th – Garmin (Wickedly Fast) Half Marathon in Kansas
  • April 27th – Rock ‘n’ Roll Country Music Half Marathon in Tennessee
  • May 4 – Seymour Mini Marathon in Indiana

I’ve got my eye up going up another level in the Fall by completing 4 half marathons in 21 day.  Or it could happen by doing 19-25 half marathons in 365 days.  Time will tell.

HalfFanatic

Half Fanatics Criteria

No comments:

Post a Comment